October 27, 2016 – With the school year back in swing, McCall Farms is sharing three easy to make and healthy Glory Foods recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. From Overnight Quick Cooking Fried Apple Oatmeal to Blackeye Pea Grilled Burger Shooters, these meals are perfect for kids and adults.
“McCall Farms recipes are flavorful, easy to make, and perfect for any meal,” says Annie Ham, marketing director at McCall Farms. “Our recipes not only taste delicious, they are also packed with nutrients. We’re proud to offer the freshest farm-grown canned produce available.”
McCall Farms invites all to enjoy the following dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner:
Overnight Quick Cooking Fried Apple Oatmeal
- 2 cups quick cooking (3 minute) oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Fried Apples
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or currants
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- In a large glass bowl, stir together all ingredients. Cover with cling wrap and let sit overnight at room temperature (6-8 hours).
- In the morning, stir well and microwave for 4 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking. Cook an additional minute if you prefer thicker oatmeal.
Yields: 6-8 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 minutes
Cheesy Turkey & Greens Pinwheels
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Smoked Turkey Collard Greens
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbs. mayonnaise
- 4 tbs. roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 (12″ X 8″) pinwheel flatbreads
- 16 slices turkey lunch meat
- Ranch dressing (optional)
- Heat Glory Foods Smoked Turkey Collard Greens in microwave safe bowl for one minute and then drain. Add white wine vinegar to collard greens and stir.
- Combine softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, roasted red peppers and collard greens.
- Spread mixture onto pinwheel wraps, layer mixture with sliced turkey
- Roll up each pinwheel wrap, and cut into 6 pieces (for a total of 12 pinwheels). Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping, if desired.
Yields: 12 pinwheels
Prep time: 20 minutes
Blackeye Pea Grilled Burger Shooters
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Southern Style Blackeye Peas
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbs. all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Drain the Glory Foods Southern Style Blackeye Peas and divide in half.
- Mix half the blackeye peas in a large bowl with the onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, parmesan, eggs, flour, garlic, salt, pepper, green onion and 1 cup of the bread crumbs. Mash until well blended.
- Fold in the reserved blackeye peas and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop out about a 2 oz. cup of the mixture and form into mini patties. Repeat to make 16 patties.
- Coat each patty with the remaining bread crumbs; coat both sides.
- Heat half the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook 6 to 8 of the cakes at a time, 3 to 5 minutes per side or until light golden brown and crispy on the outside. Drain on paper towels.
- Place patties on mini whole-wheat buns, and top with your favorite sauces and toppings.
Yields: 16 mini burgers
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes